Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kadin's Birthday


I love my Cricut!!! This page was put together to participate in a new challenge that is all about the Cricut. How exciting :) It had to include the word birthday, and a balloon. I just happened to be working on Kadin's 7th birthday pictures. I used some new paper I just got from Michaels in a superhero pack, framed the pictures in SU Yoyo Yellow, Real Red, and Brilliant Blue. I cut the balloons from "A Child's Year" cartridge in Yoyo Yellow, and then used the shift feature to cut them out in SU brushed silver. I added a little red twine at the base of each balloon. Then, I used "A Child's Year" again to cut out "the birthday boy", and did the word birthday in Brilliant Blue and then again in Real Red, and just shifted the red over a little bit to give it the layered look. Finally, I added a small journaling box at the top to describe this awesome 1st grade class :)

8 comments:

  1. You rocked this challenge Jen...great layout!! Thanks for playing with us over at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the LO! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the layout. Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I love all the balloons across the middle. Thanks for playing with us FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Layout! Your little guy is just toooo cute! Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! You have a blog!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! Love your page..you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super-cute layout...love all the balloons! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Layout - love your balloon border and the colours of the page.
    Fi

    ReplyDelete